free website stats program Texting while driving | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Texting while driving

This law should be NATIONWIDE and not be directed at 18 year olds but EVERYBODY!!! And it should be enforced yesterday, not next year!

well said...its ridiculous how many people drive while talking...they definately are not talking while driving..

This issue is a non-issue for me... I have a cellphone jammer I use both in the car and on my bikes. It works great. It kills a cell phone's signal for a 150' radius. One moment their talking, the next their not.

The law helped me with keeping my employer's expectations of call backs or email replys within reason when I'm on the road. When they first gave me a Black Berry, they thought is was great and I'd be more productive and expect answers ASAP.

Now they have disclosures about making sure we DON'T USE the Black Berry's while driving in areas that are not permitted while on business. BUT, when the company vehicle is up for replacement, they come equiped with Blue Tooth. Go figure!

its been the law here in the uk for a number of years that you can only use a mobile phone if its hands free and that means you arent allowed to touch it however the idiots as usuall ignore the law

Brian

Same here Brian, it's been illegal for years to text or use your phone while driving. Hands free is allowed.

I hate Big Bro more than most people. I don't give a hoot if you want to supersize your Happy Meal, or if you are fat, or if you smoke (whatever), or drink (not while driving), or speed.

However, driving is a full time job and if you don't pay attention 100% of the time you could goof up you easily hurt, maim, or kill someone else or their family.

I don't think any thing is so important that you have to use a phone while driving. Just pull over to the side of the road and talk or text to your hearts content . also, phones usually have messaging capability. I thing this is common sense but some folks can't drive period let alone while texting/talking.

I saw a huge Semi travelling through town yesterday going way to fast, ran the yellow, and I could see he was on the phone. How do you control a large tractor trailer rig in a hurry with the phone up to your ear? If he ran into my family I'd be more than upset.

This is my (not humble) opinion and if I was king...

Not a smart move IMO, I can barely type let alone try to drive at the same time. We need strong laws here for everyones safety

The next thing could be our CB's on our Ultra's.:( But what about reading newspaper's/shaving/women and thier make up/ect,ect I see it alot. When I see it in my cage I like to lay on the horn to see them jump.:D

While passing laws is a great idea the fact is that it will not work. Because there are speeding laws do you NEVER speed? Do you ALWAYS wear your seatbelt? Do you count a FULL 3 seconds at every stop sign? I can honestly say that I have broken almost every driving law that exists at some point or another(not on purpose or proud of it but in everyday driving these things happen). The only time I really RESPECT these laws is when the police are driving/parked around me. I think it's pretty safe to say that the majority on here do this.

Back