free website stats program Texas riders. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Texas riders.

I'm planning a trip to Fredericksburg in March and I'm wondering has anyone ever rode the Willow City Loop? Been looking it up online and it looks interesting so just wanting some feedback. RIDE FREE!!!

I'm planning a trip to Fredericksburg in March and I'm wondering has anyone ever rode the Willow City Loop? Been looking it up online and it looks interesting so just wanting some feedback. RIDE FREE!!!
Duff - Yes, have ridden the Willow City Loop several times. Its nice, but short. From F-Burg, your talking about a 45 minute round-trip even with some scenic stops.

You ought to look further south and southwest. From Kerrville, 27 miles south of F-Burg, catch Hwy16 South towards Medina. Then catch FM 337 West (one of famed Twisted Three Sisters) over to Leakey on Frio River. While in Leakey, stop off a while at the Frio Canyon MC Stop too for a good biker hang. This is pretty much a solid day ride out of F-Burg, but worth every mile if you are new to riding in the Hill Country.

Up on the Willow City Loop, there used to be a great biker joint in Willow City called Harry's On The Loop, but not sure if it is around anymore. Was down there a few months ago on a weekend with great weather and the place was vacant.

Also when in F-Burg, your only about 7 miles to Luckenbach. Another short ride but a must-stop for bikers if in the area.

Have seen some Hill Country Biker Maps around that have all the great rides plotted out. No shortage of scenery, twisties and smiles down that way!

Peace!

Thanks CoyDog for the info. I'm heading to Fredericksburg this weekend for some wine tasting with the wife so I'll look around for some maps while I'm there. Sounds like a blast though and I'am looking forward to doing it on the bike. So far we have about 10 bikes going and will be staying in some cabins on the outskirts of town. Thanks again!!!

Just be sure to ride quietly through town, they are now enforcing their loud music/cars/motorcycle ordinance.

East Texas checking in. I ride an 07 FLTR and the wife rides an 07 1200L. Try to ride when we can. Some nice riding around here spring and fall. Too humid most of the summer. We do ride out in central Texas when we can. Have relatives in the Brownwood area. We are going to the west coast to try Highway 1 in May any tips.

Killeen, Fort Hood area here. I`ve rode all over Texas the past 25 years. North to south, east to west. Ready to do it all over again. Let`s ride !

Stuck in Austin for the time being. The only good thing about it is that the Hill Country is "right over there" a short ride away. We go to F-burg, Blanco, Wimberly, Gruene, sometimes all in the same day.

John

we did san angelo, junction(coopers BBQ lunch) down past Llano State, cut off on 41, rode 336( 1 of twisted sisters) to Leakey, 337 west to camp wood, then back up throuh rock springs and back to san angelo. great day.

can't say i have, ther may be a few from the old days buried in the state. most of us reputable people carry ours with valid permits.

Back