free website stats program Texas riders. | Page 15 | Harley Davidson Forums

Texas riders.

Hey all, just thought we should have a spot where those of us from Texas could post and get to know one another.

Anyway, I'm from New Braunfels and ride 46, 306, 281 and River Road on a normal basis. I've yet to take the Sporty on the Devil's Backbone but plan to.

So if you're from Texas, post up here!!
Hey Bishop73, you have a good HD dealer there, Gruene Harley Davidson. They helped me when broke down while traveling through a couple weeks ago.

look out boys rebel is coming home next spring, looking foward to seeing some texas boys for fun and relaxing need to have a few ales back there hope to see some of you then

Re: Texas Riders

Hey all; I"m in North Dallas, and just got back to riding after too long off a bike. New to Texas, and open for suggestions for nice places to ride my new/old sporty.

Re: Texas Riders

Hey all; I"m in North Dallas, and just got back to riding after too long off a bike. New to Texas, and open for suggestions for nice places to ride my new/old sporty.

Anywhere out of the metroplex is good for starters. Get away from the Dallas traffic where everyone has their cell phone surgically implanted in their ear or to the texting finger. Depends how far you want to ride. Broken Bow, Oklahoma and the Talimena Scenic Highway are great rides as is that whole area. If you've got time, head on up towards Fayetteville Arkansas. Robbers Cave state park is in Oklahoma and thats awesome. Too far for a day trip, but a long weekend is good. Lake Murray is a good day trip, as is Scott Mountain near Lawton, OK. Three Sisters in the hill country by San Antonio is good too, but be careful out there, and get a room or cabin before you go. They sell out quick in peak riding time. Or just get on highway 80 past Terrell and keep on going east as far as you want. Real nice this time of year. We're going riding this weekend and probably gonna hit highway 281 and just keep going south. We're always on a quest for the best BBQ, and there's lots of it down that way. Ribs, ribs, and more ribs.

Welcome to Texas!!!!! :D
(now go home) :p
(just kidding) :s

Glazier's got you covered on the weekend trips and a BIG +1 about the cell phones and texting. Had my first leg glazing from a texting Soccer Mom in a Beemer. Rather than me reacting, Momma was behind me in her car and saw it......the next stop light, momma got out of the car and gave Soccer Mom the verbal bashing of her life for almost wiping out her husband........Classic. I guess it had an impact, she's begging me not to go alone anymore.:bigsmiley29:

If you are wanting to keep it local, you have quite a few options. Head south on the Tollway and hit Strokers. ride in between the shop and the ice house...thats where all the bikes park.

Go East on 380 - Hit Dawgs and Hawgs in McKinney ( Louisiana and 5 ).
In Keller - Bronson Rock - Live bands..377 and Golden Triangle
Grapevine - Willhoites - main St
a few Bike Shops up here......Pretty good Indy's that will save you a buck
For cruising - Head west on 82....or even East for that matter. Check out Ray Roberts Lake
Heck, Texoma is only 45 minutes north

Just be safe and enjoy the ride:D

Glazier's got you covered on the weekend trips and a BIG +1 about the cell phones and texting. Had my first leg glazing from a texting Soccer Mom in a Beemer. Rather than me reacting, Momma was behind me in her car and saw it......the next stop light, momma got out of the car and gave Soccer Mom the verbal bashing of her life for almost wiping out her husband........Classic. I guess it had an impact, she's begging me not to go alone anymore.:bigsmiley29:

If you are wanting to keep it local, you have quite a few options. Head south on the Tollway and hit Strokers. ride in between the shop and the ice house...thats where all the bikes park.

Go East on 380 - Hit Dawgs and Hawgs in McKinney ( Louisiana and 5 ).
In Keller - Bronson Rock - Live bands..377 and Golden Triangle
Grapevine - Willhoites - main St
a few Bike Shops up here......Pretty good Indy's that will save you a buck
For cruising - Head west on 82....or even East for that matter. Check out Ray Roberts Lake
Heck, Texoma is only 45 minutes north

Just be safe and enjoy the ride:D

Thanks to both Amish and Glazier. I'm going to check out the local till my new seat arrives then we'll do something longer..
Keep the wind in your face and bugs out your teeth; have a great weekend!

Back