free website stats program Texas Lucky! | Harley Davidson Forums

Texas Lucky!

Gas Gauge

Poor Cornhuskers!

Please don't get me wrong as a Texas boy I was pulling for the Longhorns, even though they (and their wanna be logo wearing fans) are obnoxious. But for Brent Musburger to say (after he was assured Texas had won) "Championship teams just know how to win" was a disservice to the game and everyone who watched!

The Longhorns didn't "win" that game by any stretch of the imagination. It was a mighty defensive battle and the Cornhuskers had them right where they wanted them with 1:44 left, when their kickers right foot and a stupid horse-collar let them down. Then God gave our boys 1 second back to live life over again. Poor Cornhuskers, but ya know, it takes error free efforts in those situations to advance.

I'm certain Alabama took notice of Nebraska's gameplan and will take it to 'em. But I'm certain Mac Brown was watching too. It outta be a good one!

Doesn't matter, Alabama will detroy them. When that game is over they will wish Nebraska would have won that game. As far as Texas being lucky, it is not their fault Nebraska kicked the ball out or had a rediculous horse collar penalty. Thats their fault, not Texas being lucky.A well dicsiplined team does not make these kind of mistakes. That is the difference in these two teams. Even though I am not a Texas fan, but there is a reason they win. They don't make that kind of mistake, and that wins games. Making dumb plays are part of the game and that was the difference in this game. Good teams don't make those kind of mistakes.

That was my point, but they are kids, and more prone to mistakes as was witnessed by all four teams that played in the SEC & Big 12 Championship. Nebraska's mistakes didn't make Texas a "good team", and the boy's from Texas were far from disciplined yesterday (how many interceptions did Colt throw?). Dare I say Alabama made their fair share of mistakes and surely aren't the most disciplined team to step on the gridiron (did you see the Auburn game a week earlier?).

Call it what you want, I'll use the phrase LUCKY!

As far as "Alabama destroying them" Ha! that's why they play the game! I do agree however that it will definately come down to who makes the least amount of mistakes. Be it Texas or Alabama I'm just hoping for a great game, and to be perfectly honest, I've been pulling for the Tide all year. Good Luck 'bama! It's your turn!

Back