free website stats program Texas Hill Country | Harley Davidson Forums

Texas Hill Country

tourbox

Well the wife & I went to the Hill country this past week end to meet some friends out of Houston area. Had a great time and weather was superb. No Rain or wind and in the high 70' to low 80's. However coming home Sunday we did buck a pretty strong So. wind and MPG were in high 20' to low low 30's.
We rode the 3 Sisters all day Saturday with some good views, twisties and the such. The Sisters are FM roads 335,336,337. They pretty much meet up in Leakey,Texas. We had BBQ in Camp Wood, Good piece of pie in Utopia at the Lost Maples Cafe.
For those that can't ride as yet, Spring is here in So. Texas. We took some pics of the Wild flowers along the route up there and in the Hill Country. Hope you enjoy and can ride soon.
tourbox

Attachments

• Blue Bonnets.JPG
    Blue Bonnets.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Blue Bonnets 2.JPG
    Blue Bonnets 2.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Purple Thistle.JPG
    Purple Thistle.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 16
  • Texas Paint Brush.jpg
    Texas Paint Brush.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 16
More pics of the Hill Country.
tourbox

Attachments

• DSCN1501.JPG
    DSCN1501.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Frio River.JPG
    Frio River.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 18
  • Over Look @ Con Can.JPG
    Over Look @ Con Can.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCN1506.JPG
    DSCN1506.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCN1508.JPG
    DSCN1508.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 20
Been there. It's awesome country. We rode to Louisiana last Saturday, and I know what you mean about the winds picking up Sunday on the way home. Coming straight across I-20 and those south winds were pushing us all over.

I have a brother that lives in the Canyon Lake area. He rides in the hill country all the time...Hope to be making my way down there very soon as you said the weather is great here in north TX. Will ride out through Glen Rose to Lampasas to Marble Falls on in to Canyon Lake area using as many farm roads as I can. Love the blue bonnet pic. Before long cars will be pulled over on the highway with kids sitting in them while Ma & Pa take pics. A yearly tradition in this area.

I spent all day last Thursday with friends who just bought a house in New Braunfels. The bluebonnets are definitely beautiful on the side of the roads and in all the fields.

He used to ride a 2006 Road Glide but sold it years ago to my dismay. I made him stop at Gruene HD and Cowboy HD outside of Austin to see if he'd catch the fever again! He did like the new Road Glides!

Very cool, I have not been in Texas in years Thanks for sharing:D

Thanks for sharing your trip and pix. I like wild flowers and the ride surely looked like fun for all yall. Your pix were really nice!!

PS: this past weekend up along I-20 Dallas to Shreveport and I-49 south, was totally different - cold, windy, rainy!!

But, there are some nice riding days ahead for all of us.

Bill

Back