free website stats program Texas bound | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Texas bound

Got back last night. 2200 miles and no leak!! Saw some old friends, made some new ones. The GPS was spot on except for 8 miles of gravel road. Actually the road was being resurfaced and they had removed all the asphalt on the opposite end we were traveling from. Did I mention the water truck? Yep he just made his trip down our lane and was going back up the other. Wet caliche makes for a nice mess. No rain but a lot of wind.

Got to go cut grass now:p

Off to Texas for a week or so. Gonna visit my brother, some old friends, ride the hill country, have some BBQ, (NBBQTF) and make it back home in time to cut the grass next week.

Y'all be careful out there.

Hey Joe - check it out ....... there is a new SHED in Scott Louisiana just past Lafayette on the north side of I-10 ---I think it is the Harley shop exit.

Bill

Got back last night. 2200 miles and no leak!! Saw some old friends, made some new ones. The GPS was spot on except for 8 miles of gravel road. Actually the road was being resurfaced and they had removed all the asphalt on the opposite end we were traveling from. Did I mention the water truck? Yep he just made his trip down our lane and was going back up the other. Wet caliche makes for a nice mess. No rain but a lot of wind.

Got to go cut grass now:p

Good to hear your bike is running leak free now, How about some pics?:s

RedFish,

Welcome back, glad you had a good ride man. Can't wait to see the pics. You know we haven't had any rain so maybe the grass hasn't gotten too tall.
cheers!

Some picts.
1st. Ferry crossing at Camron La.
2nd. Crystal City. Spinach capital of the world and where Popeye retired.
3rd. Me, my friend and his Air Force bud at the Pecos River
4th. Some of the Hill Country
5th. Luckenbach.

Attachments

• IMG_3747.jpg
    IMG_3747.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3764.jpg
    IMG_3764.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3816.jpg
    IMG_3816.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3883.jpg
    IMG_3883.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3888.jpg
    IMG_3888.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 22
Some picts.
1st. Ferry crossing at Camron La.
2nd. Crystal City. Spinach capital of the world and where Popeye retired.
3rd. Me, my friend and his Air Force bud at the Pecos River
4th. Some of the Hill Country
5th. Luckenbach.

looks like a great ride. (thinking of cameras and Jack to insert here:taunt):D

Hey Joe, will they let you get a photo of you and your bike in front of the P.O. in Luckenbach? I know I spelled that wrong........... Just wondering since I've never seen anyone's bike there. We are really looking forward to our trip out there next month. Where'd jete good???

Hey Joe, will they let you get a photo of you and your bike in front of the P.O. in Luckenbach? I know I spelled that wrong........... Just wondering since I've never seen anyone's bike there. We are really looking forward to our trip out there next month. Where'd jete good???

Not really enough room to get a bike in unless you back it in. During the week not much going on so no tourist. The weekends are a different story.

Had brisket in Fredricksburg. Pretty tasty.

Back