free website stats program TEST: Rode with new 80/100 bulb tonight... | Harley Davidson Forums

TEST: Rode with new 80/100 bulb tonight...

lakeforktx

Just now got a chance to test ride the Elrectra Glide with the new 80/100 GermamAuto bulb, and its one bad boy !!! For less than $20.00 bucks its got to be the single best upgrade you can make to your scooter.. yea, you could spend a lot more on one of them fancy state of the art headlight systems and it might be better... but man it's amazing how much better they work than stock. I did get bright lighted a couple of times on low beam, But now I can see at night a lot better ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++:D P.S. on bright it's like daylight..........

Sweet! which bulb is it and where did you get it? is there a kit or will it plug right in to the stock plug? thanks. I am fairly new to HD and have not tinkered with my 08 softail's headlight yet.:tounge

And this is to just bump me over to 50 posts...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Will you please post information on where one can obtain purchase information and part number. Thanks!

A word of caution with this bulb. You probably are going to need to adjust the height of the low beam. It is an off-road bulb. This is specially true with two up. The OP states he was flashed by oncoming motorists, this is a tell tale sign. It took the local Sheriffs Dept. to convince me :tounge

Bodeen

There were also many members who were having issues with the longevity of this bulb. Not sure if it was isolated to some bad batches of bulbs or if it's inherent in this bulbs design.

Glad the bulb works as good for you as it did for me. I did get a few flashes on low beam till I did the headlight alignment and set it like the manual says and haven't had one flash since on low beam. I can sure get cars to drop to low beam if I flash my high beams. My bulb has lasted for two years now.

Yea.. I might have to ajust the light some how.. I do want to be able to see, but don't want to be bright lighted all the the time either...When you throw on the high beams they change their mind real quick about bright lighting you again...:D

what if you happen to flash your brights at night at an oncoming LEO? Is that going to get you "lit up" as those LEO's like to say. Not sure these 100w are street legal being an off-road designated light.

Back