Terminal Blocks

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by franka, Aug 22, 2016.

1. franka

franka Active Member

I have way to many connections on my battery terminals. I've heard them referred to as terminal blocks, power blocks and Kuryakyn has one called a fused terminal. I need to condense wires from multiple LED's, heated gloves, trickle charger, USB port etc. Currently the underside of my seat and all the twisted together wires is a mess making it very difficult to remove the battery!
    Looking for suggestions from riders who have used this product to clean up the wiring and get back to single connector on the positive and negative terminals.

Jack Klarich likes this.
  2. bikerdad

bikerdad Junior Member

I feel your pain, I have the same issue. I also would welcome suggestions.

Jack Klarich likes this.
  3. joel

joel Junior Member

A positive terminal block is a great way to eliminate too many wires at the battery.
    Locate a spot behind the left side cover, where the fuse box is. You may be able to pull power from the cable connection to it from the battery.
    You can go to NAPA and get 1. By doing the accesory power supply block, the battery cable will be able to remain clean and tight.

Jack Klarich likes this.
  4. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Are these additions causing undo strain on charging system?????

Jack Klarich likes this.
  5. franka

franka Active Member

No, but now I'm adding yet another connection to the terminals, a Wolo Air Horn. Just to many wires going to the terminals and I'm concerned about losing a consistent positive connection, not to mention the unsightly mess of wires under the seat.

Jack Klarich likes this.
  6. franka

franka Active Member

Here is my solution, all five terminal blocks for $9.00 on EBay. Just search "motorcycle terminal blocks" and they pop up.

image.jpeg

Jack Klarich likes this.
  7. tkeswede

tkeswede Member

I have an 09 and I added the B wire you can buy and add. Some come with in installed. but it only allow special clips. I just changed mine out until i found the connection you can buy from Harley.

Jack Klarich likes this.
  8. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Less = more, keep your connections to a Minimum when ever you can
    Like everything else in life JMO