free website stats program Tensioner wear | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tensioner wear

Good post Bubbie and Duffer, you may want to look at TQ's post on what he did to change cams and add hydralic cam tensioner on his Twin Cam engine to give you a flav for what is involved:

http://www.hdtimeline.com/harley_davidson_engine_related_issues/13001-tqs_engine_build.html

I've read every post i could find on this subject over and over. Got the basics and it really doesn't look that difficult. I'm proably way over thinking this thing. I've wrenched on cars, boats, you name it but for some reason when it comes to my bike get really nervous. Kinda like performing surgery on my wife.lol. I think I'm having a hard time justifying the cost of the tools I'll never use again when I can get it done for just a little more.
Only gonna do this once so I want to get it right.

I've read every post i could find on this subject over and over. Got the basics and it really doesn't look that difficult. I'm proably way over thinking this thing. I've wrenched on cars, boats, you name it but for some reason when it comes to my bike get really nervous. Kinda like performing surgery on my wife.lol. I think I'm having a hard time justifying the cost of the tools I'll never use again when I can get it done for just a little more.
Only gonna do this once so I want to get it right.

7:06 pm here Duffer...... after my LAST PM to you.

READING ALL THE ABOVE,
I would do the SAME with the dealer as that is a good price...
and like you said the TOOLS are one time...

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks Chopper
So nobody see a problem with the inner silent chain on that part # 25284-08 and the 255's are a good choice in cams?

Everybody in my neck of the woods have been very happy. You get the best of both worlds with a good bump in performance with out compromising any roadability.

Awesome. I can't thank you all enough for all your help. I have enough info now to " git ur dun".
Special thanks to Bubbie for all the PMs. Gave me a chance to think out loud.
When this is all done we'll have to get together and RIDE!

Back