free website stats program Tension adjuster screw | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tension adjuster screw

Thank you all for the prompt response.I will start get using it slowly until get familiar with.
Have a great and safe ridings.

I saw one of those adapters Breeze3at mentioned, at my dealership. Six bucks and change so I had to try one. I like the way it works playing with it in the garage. Can't wait to try it on the road. About the cheapest thing you can find in a Harley shop. :newsmile100:

Mine came apart and spun around inside the throttle grip and locked the throttle up going down the road. Lucky nothing was in front of me. Took it out. Fuel injection dont really need it...and if my hand goes to sleep, my rear is usually numb too so I take a break...

Technically it is a Throttle Friction Adjusting Screw. Like many of you I have had mine apart. It is obviouslly NOT for anything but what it's name says. With the bike not running, I turn the screw until I can feel it add a little friction and leave it there. Then make sure that the throttle returns to idle on its own at a decent rate. Not slapping back, yet not dragging and hesitating. I would not use it as a throttle lock

I advise not to use the throttle lock for anything but maintenance. If you were to have any tension on it while riding and something happened like you fell off, the bike would end up in the next state.:s

I advise not to use the throttle lock for anything but maintenance. If you were to have any tension on it while riding and something happened like you fell off, the bike would end up in the next state.:s

And when it shows up in my front yard I am keeping it:rider

Back