Tenacity Mesh Jacket

Discussion in 'Harley Davidson Product Review' started by Dr. Dolittle, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Have a nice vented leather jacket with liner but it's finally warm enough that even with the liner out and all vents open, it's just too much, especially stopped at a red light with no breeze and the sun shining on you. Got into a bad habit last summer of just cruising around in a T shirt and jeans. Vowed to get some type of summer jacket for protection purposes.

Bought the Tenacity Mesh yesterday and I love it so far. Rode to the dealership in my leather and home in the mesh. Wow - like someone turned on a fan to keep me cool all the way home.

I know the mesh doesn't protect as well as the leather but I got the elbow/shoulder armor that goes in it so it's a heck of a lot better than a cotton T shirt. Also it's silver so it's not quite as much of a solar heat panel as the ever popular solid black that Harley riders seem to prefer!

I'll update if I find any shortcomings with this jacket.

2. HarleyHarry

HarleyHarry Banned

Summer is when you don't have to scrape ice and they stop gritting, right?......O.K. you're right, it's not summer yet.
    :bigsmiley20:
    But today is:rider going to be warm!

3. gunnut

gunnut Junior Member

I wear a leather vest,jeans,fingerless gloves and good boots ,stupid I know,but what a rush on the open road,if only we didnt have to wear crash helmets like in the good old days.......when the couple of dry, warm, days we call summer here arrive.

4. Jcannon

Jcannon Member

I was thinking about buying the Tenacity jacked in silver and black... How are the sizing for those jackets, Im a big guy 4XL, should i order one in a size larger or do harley clothes tend to fit the standard sizes.

5. Fourdogs

Fourdogs Junior Member

Last summer we went through California, Arizona, New Mexico,and Texas.My wife, and I both have one. With armor...as far as I could see... no downside other than I know: if I go down it won't protect as well as leather. Its a cool ride for sure. Got mine at the Harley Store...Black and Silver on special..if ya bought it the armor was free...was a 49.00 saving...actually was a 98.00 dollar saving..i paid for both...lol

6. emailaak

emailaak Member

Try Fieldsheer Textile Jacket, gives you plenty of ventilation and keeps cool.