free website stats program Temporary oil pressure increase | Harley Davidson Forums

Temporary oil pressure increase

ThaiTed

Banned
While cruising at 65-70 mph, my oil pressure suddenly increased from around 30 up to 40+. It lasted for about 2-3 minutes, and then the pressure dropped back to normal. I recently replaced the oil, the enginge was warm, and I had been riding for a couple of hours when this happened. Any ideas what could be behind such a temporary sudden increase? Should I worry?

While cruising at 65-70 mph, my oil pressure suddenly increased from around 30 up to 40+. It lasted for about 2-3 minutes, and then the pressure dropped back to normal. I recently replaced the oil, the enginge was warm, and I had been riding for a couple of hours when this happened. Any ideas what could be behind such a temporary sudden increase? Should I worry?

I forgot what year your bike is. If it is an early TC, then you probably still have the spring-loaded tensioners in the cam chest. I worry about the condition of the tensioners anytime there are oil pressure issues. I suggest you open up the cam chest and take a look to make sure there are no problems in there.

TQ

Back