free website stats program temperature gauge cylinder head | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

temperature gauge cylinder head

so here is a beter picture

still hope someone can answere my question

metergh4.jpg

If you use a meter and check the back of the gauge, what readings do you get. Possibly 12V on one and ground on the other. If you give us something to go on we may be able to figure it out. The temp sensor is usually mounted on the back of the front head of the engine.

My guess is that you should have 12v on the feed for the gauge and the other wire would go to the temp sensor to operate the gauge.
Check continuity on all the wires on the back of the gauge.

If you use a meter and check the back of the gauge, what readings do you get. Possibly 12V on one and ground on the other. If you give us something to go on we may be able to figure it out. The temp sensor is usually mounted on the back of the front head of the engine.

My guess is that you should have 12v on the feed for the gauge and the other wire would go to the temp sensor to operate the gauge.
Check continuity on all the wires on the back of the gauge.

I'm just curious, but isn't the rear cylinder the one most prone to overheating and would be one more important to monitor cylinder head temperature? :bigsmiley18:

Back