free website stats program Temp. Sender Wiring and Fan Kit | Harley Davidson Forums

Temp. Sender Wiring and Fan Kit

Hey folks, here's the deal. My '09 Ultra has the oil temp gauge kit installed and what I would like to do is use the temperature sending unit to trigger a pair of fans that are mounted behind the oil cooler. I know I'll have to come up with some circuitry to make this work but is the blue lead off the sender a viable trigger. Has anyone tried something like this? I've got the fans installed but they came with a thermocoupler that is supposed to be "T" into the oil pressure sending unit. Problem is there just isn't enough room for everything to fit without it being too close to the exhaust. Any ideas????

Thanks

Don't know how long the sending unit would last with that load using it even if it did work. I also believe that it is a variable resistance sender so that wouldn't work for the fans in any event without a LOT of cobbling.

thats why i gave up on building my own. i was not able to find the right stuff to make it work

i found a complete system and bolted it on.

good luck. post up when you get it worked out

here is one i was thinking of SPAL Fan Control Kits from

Absolute Radiator Store

Last edited:
The other thing I'm kicking around is taking a replacement drain plug and have it machined to accept the thermocouple fitting. Would just have to remove it for oil changes.

Back