free website stats program Tear Down Begun | Harley Davidson Forums

Tear Down Begun

Texicun

As I have more time than money and have decided on the path of the Herko Cam Upgrade, I have begun the disassmbly process. Exhaust has been removed as well as the air cleaner and backplate. Fuel tank has been removed as well.

Again, as money is the key issue here, that's as far as i'm going for now so I do not crack open the block and really screw things up with dirt and dust.....

Thanks Glider and TQ for your guidance and answers...:worthy

Great. Take some pix along the way.

TQ

I like taking pictures for JUST the purpose of laying out the parts on each take-apart so LATER I can look and see to remind me of where and the when process I took them apart...... NO extra NUT n BOLTS n WASHERS allowed...
Picts. NEEDED whether you are a pro or not.... JUST a GOOD IDEA!
Like TQ1 says.. also post a few so we can enjoy them too!

signed....BUBBIE

I like taking pictures for JUST the purpose of laying out the parts on each take-apart so LATER I can look and see to remind me of where and the when process I took them apart...... NO extra NUT n BOLTS n WASHERS allowed...
Picts. NEEDED whether you are a pro or not.... JUST a GOOD IDEA!
Like TQ1 says.. also post a few so we can enjoy them too!

signed....BUBBIE

Hey Bubbie; I think along the same lines as you. Take pix and do it right the first time, with nothing left over. My dad use to build Indy cars and was a Master Machinist and was as picky as you get. I guess that rubbed off on me. I've posted before that out of all the "mechanics" I've met, I wouldn't let 90% of them touch my kid's bicycle but you seem to be in the 10%. I like your way of doing things :D

Hey Bubbie; I think along the same lines as you. Take pix and do it right the first time, with nothing left over. My dad use to build Indy cars and was a Master Machinist and was as picky as you get. I guess that rubbed off on me. I've posted before that out of all the "mechanics" I've met, I wouldn't let 90% of them touch my kid's bicycle but you seem to be in the 10%. I like your way of doing things :D

As Glider would say "THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS"

signed....BUBBIE

Back