free website stats program TC96 in an evo frame | Harley Davidson Forums

TC96 in an evo frame

jimduncan

Is there anyone who has done this or knows of someone who's installed a TC96A in a rigid frame made for the evo?

If you can measure and weld anything is doable. I put a 327ci in an Austin Healey Sprite. That being said being doable and being practicle are two different things.

If you can measure and weld anything is doable. I put a 327ci in an Austin Healey Sprite. That being said being doable and being practicle are two different things.

WOW! Did you have to beef up the suspension on the Sprite?

A couple of years back I built a TC95A out of TC88A parts. I put that in a Paucho HT frame that was set up for a Pan,Shovel or EVO motor. You need an adapter plate for the rear mtr. mount set up. If you have to buy new cases then S&S has the cases already set up Evo style mounting, for the
TC88A. The frame I have has a 40 deg. rake & 1 1/4/ stretch in the down tubes.It started out as a Shovel, 4 Speed. Went to the 95 and a 5 Spd.
Well now it's back to an Evo & 5 speed. I like the Evo design better. Still
ride when possible.

Frame, motor mounts, springs. Jaguar rear end, axels and hubs. Young and dumb and way to much time on my hands, and Dads' garage full of tools.

A couple of years back I built a TC95A out of TC88A parts. I put that in a Paucho HT frame that was set up for a Pan,Shovel or EVO motor. You need an adapter plate for the rear mtr. mount set up. If you have to buy new cases then S&S has the cases already set up Evo style mounting, for the
TC88A. The frame I have has a 40 deg. rake & 1 1/4/ stretch in the down tubes.It started out as a Shovel, 4 Speed. Went to the 95 and a 5 Spd.
Well now it's back to an Evo & 5 speed. I like the Evo design better. Still
ride when possible.

Thanks for the input, I have the engineering all done, it took 3 different places; one to cut a new motor mount, another to mill a space for the oil gasket, and a third to cut new splines in the compensator sprocket. The marrage plate for the inner primary I made up myself.
What I'm most looking for is help on the EFI, but today I ordered the ECM and wire harness from Harley, guess I'll work it out myself!
Of course now Vulcan engineering is making an adapter plate for the 96; too late for me though. Also, I think my new rear mount is stronger.

Attachments

• primaryside.jpg
    primaryside.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 19
  • rearmount1.jpg
    rearmount1.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 17
  • rearmount.jpg
    rearmount.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 17
  • marrageplate2.jpg
    marrageplate2.jpg