free website stats program TC88 durability? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

TC88 durability?

Well made an appointment with the dealer to have the hydraulic cam tensioner upgrade performed as I don't want to take the chance. While I'm at it I'm also doing a cam upgrade at the same time since there obviously is no additional labor just the price of the cams so an extra $300!

I'm also doing a cam upgrade at the same time since there obviously is no additional labor just the price of the cams

Wish it was that easy but if you install a new set of cams, you will have to do something with the ECM mapping. There's usually some extra costs in doing that.

Your are going to be very happy with the cam upgrade..The '06s came out with the upgraded heads(better flow and behive springs) that Harley started using in '07 on the 96in motors and the '06s ended up with bigger injectors after the recall in '06...She will be a strong running 88...enjoy!

Well forget the hydraulic tensioner upgrade now going with the gear drive setup. Gotta put this issue to rest once and for all!!!

Better check the crank run-out before jumping to conclusions and ordering parts. Hate to see you with a gear drive setup that sounds like a Model A.

Thanks yes I'm very aware of that as well. Ill let everyone know how I make out with this project

Back