free website stats program Tc88 boring and piston selection | Harley Davidson Forums

Tc88 boring and piston selection

Jmswisher78

Im curretly freshening up my 99 tc88 dyna lowrider, ive upgraded cct to se camplate kit. New se adjustable pushrods oilpump and am now looking into cam options . Im having cans bored to 95 inch. Any help poinying me towards piston kits and chaindrive cam kits would be greatly apreciated. Thanks

The kind of riding you do plays into what's the best cam set up for your application.
A little more specific would help.

Im curretly freshening up my 99 tc88 dyna lowrider, ive upgraded cct to se camplate kit. New se adjustable pushrods oilpump and am now looking into cam options . Im having cans bored to 95 inch. Any help poinying me towards piston kits and chaindrive cam kits would be greatly apreciated. Thanks

Unfortunately, your the valve springs up to '05 are limited in the lift they can handle. The MoCo says .510" is the max but some have been able to run up to .525" with no issues. You did not mention the heads but if not having them ported, consider at least a cleanup, new guide seals and replace the dual coil straight wound springs with a set of later OEM beehive springs and have the machinist check for max valve lift. He may have to take a little off the tops of the valve guides. Not expensive but necessary to run some decent cams. If you get the heads setup for the higher lift, the Redshift (Zippers) 525 would be a decent choice but if limited to .510" lift, the S&S 509 would be the "go to" cam. If you want more cam choices and are prepared to deck the heads for more compression, there are other cam choices.

HD SE cast flat top pistons are not expensive and will work well. Just make sure the machinist is familiar with boring/fitting cast pistons and uses torque plates. If you are not sure, send the cylinders out for machining and piston fitment; very important to get it right.;)

Is the bike EFI or carbureted? I hope the latter.

Back