free website stats program TC cam plate & hi vol pump replacement | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

TC cam plate & hi vol pump replacement

I can't see how the injectors were inhibited. Maybe what is happening is the injectors are still firing but since the plugs are removed, the intake stroke of the engine just pulls air into the cylinder from the open spark plug hole and not from the intake valve (or at least as much). It's the only way I could explain not smelling gas but there may be a better reason for it....

I can't see how the injectors were inhibited. Maybe what is happening is the injectors are still firing but since the plugs are removed, the intake stroke of the engine just pulls air into the cylinder from the open spark plug hole and not from the intake valve (or at least as much). It's the only way I could explain not smelling gas but there may be a better reason for it....
The new EFI system is very smart, not like the old MM system and if a compression signal is not recieved by the ECM, the ECM should not send a signal to the enjector to pump fuel. The same is true for sending a signal to the coil to fire the spark plug, try it, pull the plugs out, groung a plug to the cylinder head, you'll see no spark. If you want to check if a plug is firing you must have a plug in the hole to give a compression signal to the ECM, that's why you don't have to worry about grounding the plugs when you crank the engine to build oil pressure. Try it and let me know.

At the risk of being thought of as a goof, I just primed the pump before bolting it up with the special centering tools and lubed the roller, ball, and needle brgs and lifters and after installing the cover I just busted it off and the oil light went out almost instantly. It's not like the engine had never been run and prelube being a big plus. We're talking roller-almost-everything here in the cam upgrade department, a little lube should be sufficient for that second or two in my opinion---jack

At the risk of being thought of as a goof, I just primed the pump before bolting it up with the special centering tools and lubed the roller, ball, and needle brgs and lifters and after installing the cover I just busted it off and the oil light went out almost instantly. It's not like the engine had never been run and prelube being a big plus. We're talking roller-almost-everything here in the cam upgrade department, a little lube should be sufficient for that second or two in my opinion---jack
You are saying you're going to align the oil pump with the centering pins while turning the engine over with the rear wheel?

Back