free website stats program Tapping noise and tranny oil leak - found it! | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tapping noise and tranny oil leak - found it!

I don't know if this is related but since I got my bike back from it's 8,000km service it has been making a fast ticking sound when I'm moving. It doesn't make the sound when I'm stopped but the noise seems to be coming from the top end of the bike. The engine still sounds good but this high end ticking is driving me insane! The guys at the shop think I'm nuts (not sure if being female has anything to do with it) but I know the sounds my vehicles/bikes make and if something is not quite right. Anyone has any info that could help it would be appreciated.

I use the same shop as you and the one and only time i went for a scheduled maintenance, the bike had a loose tranny dipstick, was 1 qt low on oil and was leaking from the primary. That trip cost me $400+ for service. another timeI was there for a get together and as I pulled in my rear brakes started squeaking, the service manager got my bike right away and it cost me $90 for new pads and labor so it seems the level of service is really hit or miss there.

I have numerous bikes from different manufactures. It seems they all have there little issues, but seeing custom things done first hand (not in the motorcycle business) people have different levels of tolerance for changes.

The best thing is getting something you like and enjoy and it will always be worth it.

DW

Back