free website stats program Tank risers........? | Harley Davidson Forums

Tank risers........?

Colt.45

Hey guys
I was looking at some gas tank riser kits [lift kits] they raise the front of the tank and come in 1.5" thru at least 3". My "08" Rocker always looks like the tank sits too low in the front and kind of hurts the lines of the bike. Anybody have any experience with these? Pros......cons...?
Thanks.........Colt.45

You may not know till you try, but with a fuel injected bike my thought is what happens to the level sensor for low fuel light and possible check engine light from reading improperly.

dbmg
Hmmmmmmmmm, good question...........hopefully someone on here knows that answer as well ?
Colt .45

I am going to go out on a limb here and say if you raise the tank equally you should be good to go all things being equal in the universe:D

Jack
By "equally" you mean front and rear? I was thinking these riser kits only raise the front.........the idea being improve the flowing lines of the bike? The Rocker esp. has the tank at such a weird angle in the front that it kinda hurts the looks........
Colt.45

I do understand the look that you're going for and the question I have, is there enough cable and wire length to attach the speedo and dash components? Also do you have to relocate the front turn signals? I'm not that familiar with the Rocker but on my Heritage there isn't much extra wire length. Well that's 2 questions.

Jack
By "equally" you mean front and rear? I was thinking these riser kits only raise the front.........the idea being improve the flowing lines of the bike? The Rocker esp. has the tank at such a weird angle in the front that it kinda hurts the looks........
Colt.45

Indeed I do, if yo were to raise the tank equal amounts you should be moving it up in the same plane as stock JMO

Good point Don, I can foresee changing the angel of the tank will disrupt the low fuel light.
You may need to lengthen the cross over hose as well.

Last edited:
You may not know till you try, but with a fuel injected bike my thought is what happens to the level sensor for low fuel light and possible check engine light from reading improperly.

That is a good question.
I just measured rear to front mount on my King at 20" (rough measurement),
raising it in the front 1.5" would change the angle of the tank 4.3 degrees.
I wouldn't think that would have much effect on the level at sensor...???

Is there someone to call where they sell them? See what they know. Let them stand behind it.

stray dog
The ones I saw are on "flea bey"...but might be able to message em?
Sure does not seem like much of a change though huh? The 'kit' comes with clamps and new cross over fuel line.
Not sure about wire length etc. Got all Winter to think on and study it.......:)
Thanks all...........Colt.45

Back