free website stats program Tank Lift Kit | Harley Davidson Forums

Tank Lift Kit

Bud White

Retired Moderators
These have been talked about here lately and from the pics i liked the looks so i got one they are not expensive and put it on today after work ..

The kit i got will also work if you have the crossover fuel lines on the older HD's Mine doesnt so i got to skip fooling with that..

Stock Look

100_0355-1.jpg

Remove Covers over tank bolt and then Bolt from both sides

100_0356-1.jpg

100_0359-1.jpg

Next lift tank .. Mine was almost empty probably a Gallon left and dang it still is super heavy

100_0360-1.jpg

Install lift bracket .. if i decide to stay with the lift i will cut the excess later

Remember to locktite bolts

100_0361-1.jpg
here is the right side after its done

100_0362-1.jpg

still clears tank and dash with bars

100_0363-1.jpg

Now this one im not sure on all ready felt little werid course i had work pants on not riding gear.. but i will give it a shot before i decide if i dont like it i will remove

Supposed to not effect tank capacity but supposed to show empty little sooner. course i dont trust the gauge anyways but just a warning

I have really like all of your other mods Bud,this one doesn't look comfortable with the larger tank,JMO

I should have read the post,instead of just looking at the pictures:(

well i had to know how it felt riding so though it is raining i went out took a trip around the block and pulled in the garage took it off.. can you say uncomfortable.. on a 5 gallon tank i think it would work fine

I did like the look but not feel so for me this one is a bust

Back