free website stats program tank gum | Harley Davidson Forums

tank gum

Hello Everyone, i am asking this question for my brother who lives in gulfport ms. who recently had his leg removed after a cage hit him over 25 years and over 20 surgeries ago, he is just getting to get his bike (98 wide glide) in order had removed his tank, pulled petcock it was all gummed up with no flow. (bikes been sitting a few years) bottom of tank has layer of gunk also. his question to me was what could he use to soak in tank to loosen sediment and whatever else is stuck there. I suggested brake cleaner, any other suggestions out there.....thanks, Dave

Hello Everyone, i am asking this question for my brother who lives in gulfport ms. who recently had his leg removed after a cage hit him over 25 years and over 20 surgeries ago, he is just getting to get his bike (98 wide glide) in order had removed his tank, pulled petcock it was all gummed up with no flow. (bikes been sitting a few years) bottom of tank has layer of gunk also. his question to me was what could he use to soak in tank to loosen sediment and whatever else is stuck there. I suggested brake cleaner, any other suggestions out there.....thanks, Dave

Lacquer thinner and throw some nuts in and shake it good, repeat this a few times, do it out side with lots of fresh air and NO smoking:s

Por 15 marine clean is a product i have used in the past to clean out a fuel tank of varnish crud etc and it has worked well for me and gave me a good upper body work out at the same time

Brian

Back