free website stats program tank emblems | Harley Davidson Forums

tank emblems

awolf

I was wondering if anyone has any experience removing the tank emblems. I have an '07 Superglide, I'm not crazy about the tank emblem it has. Is it possible to remove these without damaging the paint? Any thoughts? Thanks...

If you heat them a bit with a hair drier, then use a piece of dental floss to get behind the emblem itself and use it to saw through the adhesive holding the emblem. The adhesive that remains can be removed with WD40 without any damage to the paint.

Sorry guys but those tricks and tools won't work on a 06,07,08 FXD Superglide. The emblems on these Dyns are wet transfers applied to the tanks paint and then covered with a thick coat of clear.
The only way to remove them is to strip the tank down to bare metel and the repaint it.
Been down this road 3 times already. :wall

The emblem on my '07 Superglide is a metal plate with an adhesive backing. I was able to remove it sucessfully with the use of a hair dryer and dental floss. It worked slick. No damage to the paint.

The emblem on my '07 Superglide is a metal plate with an adhesive backing. I was able to remove it sucessfully with the use of a hair dryer and dental floss. It worked slick. No damage to the paint.

This would be a Superglide Custom not a standard SuperGlide, Correct?

Standard Superglide FXD with "Decals"
Superglide Custom FXDC with "Emblems"
see pics

Attachments

• FXD black.jpg
    FXD black.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 40
  • FXDC black.jpg
    FXDC black.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 41
Back