free website stats program Tank Bra | Harley Davidson Forums

Tank Bra

siitman

I am looking at putting a tank bra on my 09 Ultra because my thighs rub on that part of the tank near the seat. Where do I get one and has anyone had any experiences with these?

The only problem I have seen is when you remove bra. They tend to leave a mark at the edge of bra from rubbing. I can assure you are not the only one with the pants rubbing the tank. I have been rubbing my tank for over 2 years and have not damage paint. If I want mark removed some good wax takes care of it.

A bit more pledge before a long ride and you should be good to go:s

I had the bra on my 09 Ultra for the same reason, but did not put it on my new CVO. The bra stopped the marking on the side of the tank, but when I removed it the last time to clean the bike I found a small stone had got under the bra and scratched the tank.

Well guys I decided to go with the Pledge idea, It works very well Thanks for the Suggestion.

SIITMAN

I am looking at putting a tank bra on my 09 Ultra because my thighs rub on that part of the tank near the seat. Where do I get one and has anyone had any experiences with these?

Pledge is good...! Being as you have a touring model...finding a tank bra that work with console/bib makes it tougher to find. The other thing is sand and dirt can get underneath, and out of sight means out of mind (like putting a scouring pad to the tank) so it should be reasonably easy to remove and clean underneath. :34:

Never much liked tank bra's - they definitely leave marks. Funny how something designed to protect ends up making things worse. If you get some marks on tank - use good swirl/scratch remover to buff things back to smooth & finish w/good wax.

Back