free website stats program Taller sissy bar for 08 FXSTC | Harley Davidson Forums

Taller sissy bar for 08 FXSTC

gator508

Experienced Member
Hi Everyone,

I have an 08 FXSTC and the little lady thinks she would like a taller sissy bar and additional backrest. My local HD says I will have to change the entire seat to go that route..or find someone who does custom work, maybe cut off the top of the existing sissy bar, welding and chroming a taller one in place. Has anyone made similar mods to their FSXTC. Thanks!

I recently changed the seat/sissybar combo on my 08 FXSTC. I went with the Sundowner deep bucket seat & mid-length sissy bar. My wife really likes the taller backrest and wider rear seat and I must admit I feel much better in my tailbone area as well after a longer ride now with the Sundowner seat installed. Do some research before making any changes as any seat/backrest mods can become quite expensive quickly, both in comfort and monetarily, you at least will want to be happy with your end results. Ride safe...

I had the same problem with my FXSTC and I went with the Sundowner with a medium sissy bar.The seat is really comfortable but if I had it to do over again, I would probably go with a Corbin.

Attachments

• seat0001.JPG
    seat0001.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 19
Thanks PAWPAW and HILL for your input. I decided to add the twisted chrome sissy bar, twisted chrome luggage rack and have a custom pad made. I'll post pics when finished...thx
gator

Back