Taller sissy bar for 08 FXSTC

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by gator508, Sep 10, 2009.

1. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

Hi Everyone,

I have an 08 FXSTC and the little lady thinks she would like a taller sissy bar and additional backrest. My local HD says I will have to change the entire seat to go that route..or find someone who does custom work, maybe cut off the top of the existing sissy bar, welding and chroming a taller one in place. Has anyone made similar mods to their FSXTC. Thanks!
  2. pawpaw01

pawpaw01 Member

I recently changed the seat/sissybar combo on my 08 FXSTC. I went with the Sundowner deep bucket seat & mid-length sissy bar. My wife really likes the taller backrest and wider rear seat and I must admit I feel much better in my tailbone area as well after a longer ride now with the Sundowner seat installed. Do some research before making any changes as any seat/backrest mods can become quite expensive quickly, both in comfort and monetarily, you at least will want to be happy with your end results. Ride safe...
  3. Hill202

Hill202 Active Member Contributor

I had the same problem with my FXSTC and I went with the Sundowner with a medium sissy bar.The seat is really comfortable but if I had it to do over again, I would probably go with a Corbin.

Attached Files:

4. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

Thanks PAWPAW and HILL for your input. I decided to add the twisted chrome sissy bar, twisted chrome luggage rack and have a custom pad made. I'll post pics when finished...thx