free website stats program Tall Guy Looking at Low Rider | Harley Davidson Forums

Tall Guy Looking at Low Rider

I am currently searching for my first bike. I have come to like the dyna low rider. I am 6'2". Aside from a forward control kit, is there anything else that should/could be done to accommodate a taller rider?

also, any information from taller riders that could help me in my motorcycle selection would be appreciated.

Just my suggestion,just use standard bike's high and ignore how long your body.I think all harley davidson bikes has been tested for average height.

Dyna type is good for you and comfortable for 6'2" body.dont be wrong by name "low rider" :D

Jam

I am 6'4" and ride a 1997 Dyna Wide Glide. I think it fits pretty well, however I also currently have some control extenders on order so I can stretch my legs out just a bit more. Just my $0.02

There's always the option of the foward control extenders too that move the controlls out a few inches.

M_ayotte31,

I'm 6'3" and after sitting on MANY machines-some non-Harley offerings too-I found the Wide Glide to have by far the best riding position. I'm not sure it can be done, but I'd actually like to extend the controls a couple more inches.

I have this machine set-up for touring, so it's actually perfect for me. If you excuse the Freudian Self-projection, I cannot see anyone our height riding anything else without feeling like a bear on a tricycle.

It seems that manufacturers are going with smaller bikes, e.g. the current generation Road King in comparison to the previous iteration.

I hope this helps. Take care...

Another new guy here...nice to meet you all!
I'm also looking for my 1st Harley & am kinda dealing with this same problem! I'm 6ft 225lbs & fit on a Super Glide Cistom like a glove, however I really like the looks of the low rider & Softail Custom?
I think we just go with what feels best I guess, right? I mean, the "looks of the bike" are not going to keep us comfortable after riding a 3+ hour trip, right?

Back