free website stats program Tall boy seat general question | Harley Davidson Forums

Tall boy seat general question

hedgehog1

I purchased a tall boy seat for my '09 FLHR on ebay and it arrived today. Looking for others that purchased and installed. Can you tell me did your new seat come with a new grab strap between the passenger and driver positions. Pictures in HD book show one and I'm assuming I would not use the one that came with my stock seat. Of course, the one I purchased was advertised as new. Did not arrive with a grab strap. Did not receive any instructions either so I don't know if one is definitely to be included. I also thought I saw on this site previously the attachment of this grab strap is not straight forward but could not find instructions again.
Thanks for your help.

My used Tallboy seat did not come with the grab strap. You can buy one from the dealer but, I elected to punch a new hole in the existing strap. When it is mounted you will not see that it has been modified as it is behind the saddlebag lid.

Just make sure the saddlebag mount is properly aligned before you tighten the seat strap.

i had bought one about eight months ago and i did not get the strap either but i found it way more uncomfortable that the stock so i sold it and went back to stock one, once you break in the stock one it's not too bad i've done a couple of long 10 hour rides ok

I would just punch a hole in the strap that you have on the bike now. Sometimes new seats do not come with a new strap.

To all: Thank you for your very quick and great advice. Can't wait to insatll and test out the seat. Just need a couple feet of snow to melt.

No strap on the one I purchased and didn't like the seat. I am 6' and it put pressure on my left nerve in my upper leg...put it right to sleep.

I traded it off to a guy 6"3" for his reach seat and love it....leg dosen't fall asleep any more.

Jerry

Contacted the seller and they forgot to include the strap and are going to send it. Old strap from stock seat was not long enough to punch another hole. And thanks for the saddlebag bracket heads up.
Found instructions on HD website for installation. Seat is changed, debating about messing with the strap even after I receive. Can't wait to give it a ride to see if the Tall boy helps my 6'4"frame stretch out.

Back