Taking the H-D to 12,000ft - Video/Images

Discussion in 'Videos' started by sfarson, Aug 15, 2008.

1. sfarson

sfarson Member

Well OK, it was 11,990ft at the summit of Loveland Pass. This was from a recent escape-the-heat scoot. Near 100 degrees in Denver. Just above 50 degrees at the Pass.

Turned the helmet cam on at the northern base of the Pass, at the Loveland Ski Area. Took about five minutes to ascend 1500ft. to the top. Found a perfectly matched tune from the Doobies "Clear as the Driven Snow" to accompany the exhaust note. Song length is identical to the ride length, so no fancy video transitions or fades, just the whole base to summit enchilada. The tune builds as altitude is gained, with a sweet and classic Doobies intrumental closing out the final two minutes of the ascent. Uh, the exhaust note is nice as well.

Will pass through timberline on the climb. Just looking at the snow seems to lower the body temp. Enjoy the ride:

http://www.farson.com/video/flloveland.wmv

Here's the location of Loveland Pass...
    [​IMG]

Looking back during the ascent. The vid rides this road...
    [​IMG]

Well, while paused for the road pic might as well point the cam at the Milwaukee transportation device...
    [​IMG]

With the bike at the edge. Anything for you, the thread viewing audience...
    [​IMG]

Here's the token bike-at-the-pass-summit pic...
    [​IMG]

Peering down the southside of the Pass. This is a fine ride on the Milwaukee big twin, especially when you want to feed the bike and brain some cool air...
    [​IMG]

2. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Just what I needed after a day of schlepping various boxes and clothing up to my daughters dorm room on "move in" day today, all the while daydreaming about what a perfect day it was to be out riding.

Oh well, Daddy has to have his priorities, doesn't he?

3. tsp45acp

tsp45acp Active Member

MAN! Those are post card pics there. I've always wanted to ride up Pike's Peak. I guess that's pretty much the same thing there. Man, I want to be there. Some people have it pretty good. Tracy

4. smitty901

smitty901 Active Member Retired Moderators

Glade move in days are OVER and all the bills are paid off :)
    I feel for your Dr.

5. cuznjed

cuznjed Junior Member

Those pics are great use to live not to far from there, cant wait to ride out there and do the same

6. Heart-Beat-Song

Heart-Beat-Song Member

all i can say is one big WOOOOOW

7. Gary12850

Gary12850 Banned

Way cool...! I'm speechless...suffice it to say "it sure ain't Kansas"

8. sfarson

sfarson Member

Thanks all. A fine scoot on a fine bike.

Dr. Doolittle -- can relate, have three in college at the moment and one in the pipeline.

:small3d023:

9. USMCCWO5

USMCCWO5 Junior Member

Cool video, thanks for sharing.

10. tsp45acp

tsp45acp Active Member

As my previous post said---nice pics. THEN I watched the video and found myself leaning into the curves with you, listening to the pipes open up as you hit the throttle coming out of the turns---I want my bike NOW! (should be ready in a week or so). Tracy