free website stats program Taking off the Monster Ovals | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Taking off the Monster Ovals

The Rhinehart's came in last Wednesday, had family coming in, so wasn't able to get to them until Friday...pulled off the MO's (by the way, they are in like new condition in case anyone is interested), pulled out the Rhinehart's and they are the new 4" Rhinart Racing slip ons...went on pretty easy and they look great. Fired it up and yes sir, that's the sound I have been looking for. Not really any louder than the MO's, but they are higher pitched and that's what I like. The bike seems to like them too...:D

Then on Friday my Fuel Pak arrived...I will be installing that as soon as my Roland Sands Venturi 7 high flow filter arrives, which should be later this week. Can't wait to see it runs after all the mods are done. I also pulled off the stock mirrors and installed a new set that are handlebar mounts. Nice looks...too bad we have a wet cold front moving through the area.

Tire Smoke, I would guess the improved/louder sound is due to true duals and high flow air cleaner but I bet that 255 cam adds a really nice lope to the engine idle, right? I have monster ovals and true duals with HD Heavy Breather and am hoping for a little more sound, just had the upgrades installed haven't rode the bike yet, can't wait.....

Back