free website stats program Taking off the Monster Ovals | Harley Davidson Forums

Taking off the Monster Ovals

JKT1969

Last November I put on V&H Monster Ovals, black with chrome top...they look great. My hope would that they got louder as the insulation had some burn off, maybe they have a little a bit, but I want loud(er) pipes. So I just ordered the Rinehart's...I put them on my 09 Sporty last year and I have been jealous of how good the bike sounds vs my street glide with the MO's on.

I probably put about 800-1000 miles on the MO's, great condition...if anyone is interested in them, hit me up. Otherwise, I may hang on to them, or put them up on Ebay...along with my stock exhaust pipes.

I hope the Rinehart's gets me the sound I am looking for. :s

Are you just giving your experience or are they actually for sale?

You may want to post in the Buy/Sell section if you're trying to sell them.

I have about 5000 miles on my monster ovals and though they haven't really got any louder they certainly have got an even deeper rumble to them.

I've got a little over 3000 on mine and they seem to have gotten a little deeper and slightly louder. I was a little disappointed at first, but love them now.

In addition to the new pipes, I just ordered the Arlen Ness Twin-Sucker AF and the V&H FuelPak.

I read a lot of reviews on the fuel pak, and since I am not doing any additional mods to the engine I figured this would be my best bet...

If anyone has any experience with the twin sucker I am curious if it is as good as the big sucker...I went with the twin sucker because it looks pretty aggressive.

I probably put about 800-1000 miles on the MO's, great condition...if anyone is interested in them, hit me up. Otherwise, I may hang on to them, or put them up on Ebay...along with my stock exhaust pipes. :s

Have you sold these mufflers yet? Drop me an email with pics. I might be interested. I've been thinking of converting to a black exhaust to bring out the chrome on the motor.

Mod Note - Emails removed to prevent spamming. Use this forum's PM system instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm my dad has the 4inch round V/H slip-on's and they are very LOUD a little 2 loud for my liking i'm running BuB slip-ons very very nice tone

Is he running the regular Ovals, or Monster Ovals? MO's are not loud, they are deep, only loud if you are getting on it pretty good. Otherwise, just a nice rumble, mostly low pitch.

My monster ovals are plenty loud with dresser duals and the se255 cams....sometimes I wish they weren't as loud....

I have a friend that has a bike just like mine....he's running the stock header pipe and stock cam and his aren't that much louder than stock....but mine have a hugely loud sound....

Back