free website stats program Taking off and on REAR TIRES ON TRIKE | Harley Davidson Forums

Taking off and on REAR TIRES ON TRIKE

stubbs34

just wanted to let anyone that has to take off and replace back on- REAR tire, that DEFLAT:s:newsmile071:ING air pressure of tire down to 10lbs helps tremendously! (because of the fender lip)....

So are you suggesting that raising back of trike off the ground, the suspension does not drop enough to allow tires to clear fenders then??

It does not allow the axle to drop enough. again, droping the air to 10lbs is minor work. If you don't have a compressor, then I don't have an answer for ya.:dknow

It does not allow the axle to drop enough. again, droping the air to 10lbs is minor work. If you don't have a compressor, then I don't have an answer for ya.:dknow

Maybe Harley needs to rethink the rear suspension a bit. That seems a bit odd to me.

If you take the rear tires off make sure you torque them. Then check them every 500 mi. for a couple times I think the torque is 95 to 100 ft.lbs. On the trike forum some have been coming off!!! not good.

Thanks for the reply about the "retorqueing" of wheel bolts. I did try and lift the rear up higher and could get the tire off but leaves the bike alittle woppley and possibly unsafe.? I know I had to raise up higher when I had a 34' plymouth with the same type of fenders. I am alittle new to Triking but old when it comes to having drivin bikes since 16 years old and never stop having them. 63 years old now. You are never too old to learn or RElearn again.

Back