free website stats program Taking my Sportster to Phoenix | Harley Davidson Forums

Taking my Sportster to Phoenix

Riding in Phoenix is extremely hot. But theres great riding all over the state of Arizona within a couple hours of Phoenix. My favorite was up in the mountains in and around a little place called Jerome. you can get a break from the heat up there. alot of nice twisties too.

Riding in Arizona is amazing!
I live in downtown Phoenix, and my sporty is my only form of transportation.
I ride every day...even when it's 115 outside. Yes it gets hot...very hot . and Your body doesn't really get used to the heat... hot is just plain hot...but its not that bad.
the winters here make the summer worth it! Although, once you have been through a few summers, you cant really handle the cold as much. I grew up in the north east and snow was nothing, not i'm cold as soon as it hits 70 outside....
Definitely go to Jerome! Also Sedona, strawberry, tombstone, and many others..
If you feel comfortable riding on dirt roads, def hit the mogollon rim... some beautiful sites to be seen up there!
There are tons of beautiful natural sites in the state, with a larger variety than one would initially think.

Tons of old west riding, just two lanes, no cars and desert all around you...

Grown up daughter lives in Gilbert, AZ and really likes it there. It is a dry heat, so hot is hot...not nearly as "sticky" as say Florida or Texas...but you get used to it, and if you "man" up a bit...you can ride almost everyday! Me, I like SoCal, not as hot all the time, and pretty much able to ride everyday, rain is when I park it and drive the truck...so important to remember your loved ones and choose to not ride out in those rare times like I did in the old days being young and foolish...know better now! :OP

The worst of the heat is in what we know as our monsoon season. Hence, lots of humidity with 105+ heat. Not dry heat and not fun, but back and forth to work is bearable. That is for mid-July through mid Sept. The rest of the time is good for putt'n. Install an oil cooler.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Thanks.
I think I may put on some minor sun screen and ride with out my glass on and a shirt with no sleeves just to get my first layer of color. :)

That way no raccoon eyes! Also dont want my tatts to burn off. :cheers

Thanks.
I think I may put on some minor sun screen and ride with out my glass on and a shirt with no sleeves just to get my first layer of color. :)

Careful or that first layer of color will be bright red!

Grown up daughter lives in Gilbert, AZ and really likes it there. It is a dry heat, so hot is hot...not nearly as "sticky" as say Florida or Texas...but you get used to it, and if you "man" up a bit...you can ride almost everyday! Me, I like SoCal, not as hot all the time, and pretty much able to ride everyday, rain is when I park it and drive the truck...so important to remember your loved ones and choose to not ride out in those rare times like I did in the old days being young and foolish...know better now! :OP

Rain, it doesnt rain in southern California i heard it in a song, LOL, wish it didnt rain so much here in Florida, I ride every day the boss takes the car:s

Back