free website stats program taking bike off trailer with no help | Harley Davidson Forums

taking bike off trailer with no help

troxlerld

How is the best way to take a fat boy bike off a trailer by your self unhooking straps ? I loosening straps on right side and put stand down and then the other side I dont feel secure doing it this way

I haul mine in my pickup all the time . Anyway just make sure your kickstand is down & cut loose the right hand strap & the bike will rest on the kickstand then all you have to do is unhook the left hand strap . TIP leave left strap alone so when you put the bike on the trailer again you can put bike on kickstand hook up left strap & then hook right strap you will only have to rachet right strap , everything will fall back into place .

It depends on what kind of Trailer you are using, I can Load/Unload My Bike by Myself, I have a Wheel Chock to hold the Front End from moving. You may want to make sure your kickstand is down.

How is the best way to take a fat boy bike off a trailer by your self unhooking straps ? I loosening straps on right side and put stand down and then the other side I dont feel secure doing it this way

That's how I do it. I have a standard wheel clock and it poses no problem. Do you have a wheel chock? You did not mention it. If not, you may want to get one.

Back