taking bike off trailer with no help

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by troxlerld, May 4, 2009.

1. troxlerld

troxlerld Member

How is the best way to take a fat boy bike off a trailer by your self unhooking straps ? I loosening straps on right side and put stand down and then the other side I dont feel secure doing it this way

2. ironmark

ironmark Junior Member

I haul mine in my pickup all the time . Anyway just make sure your kickstand is down & cut loose the right hand strap & the bike will rest on the kickstand then all you have to do is unhook the left hand strap . TIP leave left strap alone so when you put the bike on the trailer again you can put bike on kickstand hook up left strap & then hook right strap you will only have to rachet right strap , everything will fall back into place .

3. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

4. nolafishr

nolafishr Active Member

It depends on what kind of Trailer you are using, I can Load/Unload My Bike by Myself, I have a Wheel Chock to hold the Front End from moving. You may want to make sure your kickstand is down.

5. SledDog

SledDog Senior Member Staff Member Moderator

That's how I do it. I have a standard wheel clock and it poses no problem. Do you have a wheel chock? You did not mention it. If not, you may want to get one.

6. Blue Wide Glide

Blue Wide Glide Junior Member

We use condor wheel chocks when we have to trailer. They make the entire job easier and safer. You can also use them on the ground for checking those fluids that need to be checked with the bike level. Condor Motorcyle Products