free website stats program taking apart my evo dyna for base gaskets | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

taking apart my evo dyna for base gaskets

I did my 85 EVO with 82k this summer. I couldn't get the case studs out after some effort so I left them in. The threads looked good. The Head bolt/screws did show some wear. I sprayed some cleaner up into them and a fair amount of metal came out. They didn't cost that much. The only thing I had problems with was keeping the middle Rocker covers from sliding when torqueing down. I will probably remove them later this winter and try installing some pins between the middle and top rockers. I think Drag Specialties has some 1 piece Rocker covers too. I bought a special flat wrench from Motion Pro with a alllen welded onto the end for $15 which makes torqueing down the Rocker bolts easier. Good luck with it 0 Bob

That looks like the correct procedure to me
most info you may need for anything may be found by doing a search through previous post
Thanks for finding jack

Brian

My pleasure:s

I have a couple more quick questions

1st, cylinder studs, I see s&s has them for around $29.00 are those ok to use? or re buy stock ones?

2nd, torque wrench, I have a crafstman click type that starts @ 10, would I be safe to buy a beam type for the lower settings and then use the clicker for the higher settings (12-14)?

TIA

I have a couple more quick questions

1st, cylinder studs, I see s&s has them for around $29.00 are those ok to use? or re buy stock ones?

2nd, torque wrench, I have a crafstman click type that starts @ 10, would I be safe to buy a beam type for the lower settings and then use the clicker for the higher settings (12-14)?

TIA

I like S&S, I use an inch lb torque wrench, I think it is a bit more precise working with a small number, some times a beam wrench is a bit more practical tho like when you are doing the final degrees JMO

Thanks again, s&s, and I'll try and find an inch lbs Torque wrench

Again many thanks

Sent from my droidilicious

Back