free website stats program taking a poll | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

taking a poll

I started riding a few years ago and my first ride was a trike. While I am still fairly young and in good health at 50 I may get a 2 wheeler one of these days but I love this Trike... It is a wonderful ride with one or two up. Never have a problem getting on and don't have to remember to put my feet down when I stop. I see a lot of older people still riding two wheels and I think man I wish they would just try this three wheel ride one time.

No matter ride safe and long. And I agree get on the side that makes you feel best after all it's not a HORSE !!!!!!!!!

I'm not really sure why - but I've always gotten on from the right. I figure your leg has to clear the hightest point - doesn't really matter which side you start from...

One of the big bike safety instruction courses preach stand side mounts. I believe in
what ever makes you the most comfortable.

It's not really a big of a deal, but logic and common sense points out that the right side toget off is the left side. Harleys lean left, easier access on and off the bike, but also, the exhaust is on the right and there are more chances of getting burnt getting off the right side. If it is because of age or some sort of back problems like my pops (he's been prohibited to ride a motorcycle, but won't quit riding it :p) he still gets on the left side but does it in the most comfortable manner.
Look to whatever is easier to u, but keep in mind thatthe right side is the hottest side of the bike.

I always get on from the stand side. I find that you don't have to lift your leg as high. It is tough getting old but it sure beats the alternative.

I usually get on from the back...I have to get a running start or I suffer some serious pain. Just kidding! I find it easiest to mount from the left side. It's your scooter so you can do it how you like.

I'm 58 and do the same thing. Glad to see that I'm not the only one. Getting old is not for wimps.

I just saw a news article last month were a cager pull out of a driveway and hit a motorcycle rider. The motorcycle rider was 81 years young.

I'm 58 and do the same thing. Glad to see that I'm not the only one. Getting old is not for wimps.

My hero is Eddie Hill who raced everything. Holds a lot of records and is in the NHRA Hall of Fame. He broke the 5 second 1/4 in Top Fuel Dragster in his 60's.

Back