free website stats program taking a poll | Harley Davidson Forums

taking a poll

PaPa T

Just wanted to know if there is a correct way of getting on and off the scoot. I had a guy chew me out that I was getting on the bike from the wrong side. Is there such a thing? I get on that is most comfortable for me and where I have the best control.

Have back rests on both bikes, can't swing a leg over. From right side, raise my left foot and hold it up (getting old is bad) and slide across. Works great for me.

It's just easier IMO to get on from the stand side being it's leaning that way anyway.

When you get older and your hips don't work like they did when you were young, you pick the side that works and ignore the painful side. Wish I was still flexible like you young whipper snappers :)

I always get on from the left side. It is easier for me because the bike is leaning that way. It is mostly out of habit from riding horses so long. Horses are trained for people to mount from the left. If you try from the right it sometimes freaks them out and you end hitting the ground hard!

If anyone does not like how I get on and of my ride its their problem not mine. I don't pay much attention to this kind of stuff. Life is much too short.

I do pay attention and may say something to a rider if it is a safety issue, especially MY safety.

RR

For the poll....stand side.

If anyone has watched the coast to coast program on the speed channel they show two people ride from California to Washington DC and every time they mount their bikes they get on from the right side. Seems kind of funny but if you look at it this way you have to lift your leg the same height no matter wich way you mount it. Just depends on wich leg is easier to lift.

I was told that you should get on from the Left Sids of the Bike, Same side as the Kick Stand. Seems easier since the Bike is leaning this way.

Beggin' your pardon here fellas but don't rush me to get older, I'm only 103:s

Is that Cubic Inches or years??? :lero

I asked a motor cop once why he got on and off from the right side. He said they do that to put the bike between them and on coming traffic during a traffic stop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back