free website stats program Takes 20mph? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Takes 20mph?

My thoughts are, "Gee, does your dealer have a PHD in physics?"

There are WAY too many variables to make such a simplistic statement.

By the way, how did this topic come up?

I had a guy back into my '09 RKC while parked. He was doing about 5 or 6mph at contact. He bent the fender beyond repair. The dealer and appraiser said "it doesn't look bent to me". Dealer is really busy with Ocean City bike week coming up and people preparing to put up thier bikes for winter. 20mph just seems like to high of a speed threshold to me. I'm trying to hear from the broad knowledge base here for reference.:s

There is no need to guess at all. The dealer should simply measure Center-to-Center on the wheels against factory specs to see if anything is bent. Exactly what every competent repair facility would do......

For those wanting multiple choice:
a) Competent Dealer (False)
b) Busy Dealer looking to make you quit asking questions (true)
c) none of the above (or I hate tests)!

Class dismissed:D

There is no need to guess at all. The dealer should simply measure Center-to-Center on the wheels against factory specs to see if anything is bent. Exactly what every competent repair facility would do......

For those wanting multiple choice:
a) Competent Dealer (False)
b) Busy Dealer looking to make you quit asking questions (true)
c) none of the above (or I hate tests)!

Class dismissed:D

I guess C :s

I know that if you miss a curve and hit the ditch bank it don't take much speed to bend the frame. Yes found out the hard way

I had a guy back into my '09 RKC while parked. He was doing about 5 or 6mph at contact. He bent the fender beyond repair. The dealer and appraiser said "it doesn't look bent to me". Dealer is really busy with Ocean City bike week coming up and people preparing to put up thier bikes for winter. 20mph just seems like to high of a speed threshold to me. I'm trying to hear from the broad knowledge base here for reference.:s

Bad Dealer.... Bad Dealer, Bad........Baaaaad! :(
Find somewhere else.

Back