free website stats program Take off cylinders and pistons | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Take off cylinders and pistons

Wow, this sure is gettng complicated! I wish I had the money to just take it to a HD dealer and say "FIX IT"!

The cylinders from the TC88 and the TC96 are the same length.

The difference is in the stroke of the crank, skirt and wrist pin location of the piston. TC88 and TC96 share the same bore which is 3.750". TC95 and TC103 share the same bore which is 3.875".

The stroke for TC88 & TC95 is 4.00". The stoke for the TC96 & TC103 is 4.375".

The safest that you can bore the cylinders to is 3.938" which will result in 98ci with a 4.00" stroke and 107ci with a 4.375" stroke.
HTH,
Randall

Wow, this sure is gettng complicated! I wish I had the money to just take it to a HD dealer and say "FIX IT"!
If I lived in your area I would take it to GMR Performance in Prescott. You will get a better build rather than what the H-D tech would assemble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its how you learn. :) That is why when you buy the big bore kit it gives you a 95" rather then a 96" The crank stays the same but you bore (or replace the cylinders) to give you a 95 CI . When the factory makes a 96 CI its because they replace the crank with a stroker crank 4.375 rather then 4.000 and use the same bore as the 88 however they have to use the stroker pistons i mentioned so the wrist pin is located higher which should ensure the piston doesn't come proud (funny term isn't it) of the cylinder and perhaps hit the heads, valves etc. I hope that clarifies this for you? :)

Back