free website stats program "Take off" bars for 09 FLHTCU-need 2" pullback | Harley Davidson Forums

"Take off" bars for 09 FLHTCU-need 2" pullback

AusRider

Does anyone know if OEM "take off" bars from another HD model would provide about 2" more pullback than the OEMs that come with the 09 Ultra?

Gotta remember that the 09s have the electronic throttle.

Darned Harley Tax working against me again! Looking for a cheaper fix than new bars....

Thanks,
AR

I do not think so. The heritage bars will fit the road king, but it doesn't have the fairing. The shape of the bars on the batwing fairing bikes is kind of odd as it has to come out of the fairing then bend upward.:(

Thanks, that's about what I thought-- never read or heard anyone finding a less costly replacement but had to ask!

Cheers,
AR

I ended up w/ the HD pullback bars for my scoot. Did all the labor myself including running the wires inside the bars. It took a long time but saved me $1500 labor cost. Stock cables/wires were long enough.

Hill Country Custom Cycles has a handlebar kit, with the wires prerun that are bent back. They come in various heights too. I've got an 07 Ultra with 16 inch apes on it. Hope this works out for ya.

I have a 09 SG & changed to the HD 2" pullbacks. Love them. Didn't have to change any cables.

Does anyone know if OEM "take off" bars from another HD model would provide about 2" more pullback than the OEMs that come with the 09 Ultra?

Gotta remember that the 09s have the electronic throttle.

Darned Harley Tax working against me again! Looking for a cheaper fix than new bars....

Thanks,
AR
Part# 56036-08 PB 6.5
HARLEY BASE 15.75 KURL 3.5
CHROME EG BARS RISE 10.0
$150 TIP TO TIP 31.75

Part# 56176-08 PB 7.5
HARLEY BASE 15.75 KURL 3.5
TOUR PULLBACK RISE 12.25
$150 TIP TO TIP 30.75

Part# 56940-09 PB 8.0
HARLEY BASE 18.75 KURL 4.75
CROSS BONES 1" RISE 8.25
NARROW BEACH TIP TO TIP 30.75
BLACK
$69.95

Gotta have a 15.75" base width on the FLHT's, not sure about the Center to Center on the Kurl. Good luck!

Your dealer is telling you the truth. If you install HD pullbacks, your arms/elbows/shoulders will take up probably half of your mirror view. I still need to replace mine but the bike is still rideable so I'm not losing alot of sleep over it.

Back