free website stats program Take a Picture dude! | Harley Davidson Forums

Take a Picture dude!

Bossie

I really must be brain dead to have never thought of this myself, but a friend told me recently before I ever start to take anything apart to take a few pictures of what it looked like before.
Anyone ever had leftover parts?/ lol

I never really thought of that, but it would work well for so many projects. Especially now with digital and phone cameras you could take pictures all along the way of a project, boy could this hint come in handy!

My husband does the same thing, I always know when he is about to attack a project because he brings me the digital camera and asks me to print his pictures. Then I can say it works fine please leave it alone. And he always says, but I can make it better. He almost always wins.

I am working on a non bike project this coming weekend, going to repair a pool filter and i am going to use this great idea. I am going to take pictures every step of the way. I will know where all the parts came from, what it looked like before and what is different after.

I really must be brain dead to have never thought of this myself, but a friend told me recently before I ever start to take anything apart to take a few pictures of what it looked like before.
Anyone ever had leftover parts?/ lol

I always ask, by the way, when our maintenance guys are doing the 360 hour inspection on our helicopters, if they had any parts left over. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It really is amazing how many ways something can be put back together when it only came apart one way. Learned about taking pictures working on cars and boats. Labled baggies also help.

I always take pictures all the way through disassembly. Digital pictures are free!!! I do this while working on evertything. This has prevented left over parts more than once.

Great tip there. I also take pics of electrical projects or plumbing if a trip to the the hardware store is in order. What I see most neglected by riders,,, is pics of themselves when traveling,,so get with the program people. :tounge

I agree! Plus we need the details of different rides and routes! I am presently working on a new television program specifically targeted to tour riders. Actual production starts in two weeks and there will not be any arguing, or putting any size boot up someone's you know what.

Tv show sounds interesting.
I've worked in television as an ENG Photographer and Editor for 20 years and have always said I could do that show way better. Don't disapoint me. Looking forward to your show. Do you have a working title?
I'm touring through Nevada on a 1800 mile solo trip on my way home to Canada from Phoenix. April 27-May5/08. Maybe I'll see you on the highway?

Back