free website stats program Tailgaters | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tailgaters

Common sense and courtesy seems to be so limited these days. doesn't it?

Irish, tailgating infuriates me too brother. One reason I am not a fan of riding on the highway. I prefer the back roads as I’m sure most of us do. I’ve had to recondition my cranium to just move to right and let them pass. In the battle of size, weight and protection, we lose every time. Don’t let the cagers get in your head man.:)

It used to drive me crazy,but now after a few years of driving truck I have kind of gotten used to it.<snip>

I know what you're saying. It used to really get me wound up then I spent a year as a road maggot (read: 1971 Bedford Bus) travelling around New Zealand. It taught me to be more relaxed about the poor souls travelling behind me.

If someone tailgates me on a bike (pretty rare these days) I normally use it as an excuse to get the (Edit) out of there :D or if I'm in town I wait until we stop at an intersection then have a quiet *word* with them.

[notes]
A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
[/notes]

Last edited by a moderator:
If one spends all his time looking in the rear veiw mirror, that doesn't leave much time for paying attention to operating your own vehicle.
Jonnierock

If one spends all his time looking in the rear veiw mirror, that doesn't leave much time for paying attention to operating your own vehicle.
Jonnierock
Your not serious are you? Properly driving your vehicle is being aware of all your surroundings and more so on a motorcycle. I may be wrong on this but I thought I read or saw a video that you should check your mirrors every five seconds..

Its not only the cages that tailgate ! I see many Bikers who think they can stop on a dime.....I just shake my head and hope I dont see them at work !

Back