free website stats program "Tail of the Dragon" | Harley Davidson Forums

"Tail of the Dragon"

rking

Heading to the "Tail of the Dragon" in a couple of weeks. Any suggestions on what to do and what not to do? Will be our first trip there.:)

Watch your speed try and ride it during the week less people weekends are very crowded oh and have fun

Thanks, it will be during the week. Making our way from Corpus Christi, to Ft. Worth, to Memphis, to Nashville, then to Maryville.

We rode it a month ago had a blast watch your speed cops are everywhere,take lots of pics,and stop at deals gap the tree of shame is there and have one of their bacon cheesburger's it is by far one of the best burgers i have had in my life very good stay safe and have fun :newsmile011:

Did the ride a year ago, and had fun, just ride at your speed, and watch for some of the sport bikes passing in the wrong place, don't forget to ride the Sky-way also.

Was there about a year ago, had a BLAST! But yes ride your own ride, many crotch-rockets willing to pass! Keep your eyes WIDE open! Also many other GREAT rides, Skyline is VERY beautiful, longer and many places to stop & talk and take pictures! Be sure to stop @ Smoky Mountain HD. Friendly people and willing to give you current tips! ENJOY! Wish I was going with!

Thanks for the tips and advice, already logged on to you tube and saw what can happen if you're not paying attention. My mouth is already watering with the food suggestions. Have no problem with being passed by other bikes, ran into alot of that while at Sturgis on needles hiway.

Back