free website stats program Tail of the Dragon Closed - Rock Slide | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tail of the Dragon Closed - Rock Slide

Open from the North Carolina side to the rock slide then you have to turn around and go back. That is from April 13

Just in case anybody wants the information, The Tail of the Dragon is suppose to be open all the up tomorrow. The last of the asphalt was laid down today, and the inspectors said he didn't forsee any problems that it would not be opened up tomorrow. :cheers

I rode the Dragon on Memorial Weekend 2010. They had a slide that closed the Dragon to through traffic, but you could ride in from the NC side and then turn around and ride back out.

Unless they have had another slide since then I would still go unless you really need to be able to get to TN.

It was the best ride on the road I have ever had, No trucks, only a few sports cars and lots of bikes.

Guess your plans and time dictate if you want to do it or not, but we had a blast....and who wouldn't want to ride for 22 miles of twisting and turning.

There were still two TN troopers monitoring speed and handing out invitations to all those they caught.

Back