free website stats program tail lights | Harley Davidson Forums

tail lights

i just bought a 1200x 48 about 2 months ago, i love the bike and already put 700 miles on it. i was suprised when i jumped on it yesterday for a little cruise, did my normal inspection while it was warming up and i noticed one of my tail lights was out. i find it very strange that a brand new bike would have any issues especially a tail bulb going out so fast. Is this common what ever things go out so quick?

Remember that there is thousands of bulbs made every day. So the odds are there is a bad one. Change out the bulb and see what happens.

i just bought a 1200x 48 about 2 months ago, i love the bike and already put 700 miles on it. i was suprised when i jumped on it yesterday for a little cruise, did my normal inspection while it was warming up and i noticed one of my tail lights was out. i find it very strange that a brand new bike would have any issues especially a tail bulb going out so fast. Is this common what ever things go out so quick?

I had a front turn signal burn out in the first 50 miles, I always keep new bulbs in stock:s

Might be a good recommendation to research LED tail lights for your 48 - especially since they're combo signal/brake lights. Might be more durable & definitely safer.

Light bulb failure is likely problem...filament can be damaged by vibration, not common for a new bike...

Late model cars' for the most part have gone to LED technology, but incadescent bulbs are still in use on Harleys, and can break when hot and experience a sharp shock or vibration...not that our Harley's would be guilty of such a travesty...! :rofl

Funny thing, yesterday was my day off so i was going to replace it, i started her up and looked and the silly light was back on, i think this bike might be a little possed but i dont care i love it anyways. I just hope i dont have an electrical problem, im do for my 1000mile maintanance soon and the bike is under warranty so i might have them check it out.

Back