free website stats program Tail Light | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tail Light

I bought one of these lights during Daytona bike week great light easy install made in Ormond beach fl. 5 year warranty

As Iceman said, a little spendy for patterned lLED stoplight for the $249 one, the 12 LED $499 one is a bit over the top. Kuryakin sells "plain but extremely bright one in red or smoke for $163 at the HD dealer, no waiting and features plug and play installation which I like.:D

It was $199 at my Harley dealer and they had them in stock, for the couple extra bucks I like the flash first feature. :s This is also a simple plug and play installation, took me 10 minutes with just a screwdriver. :)

Good deal RKlew, my comment was on the $249 and $499 ones...having the auto flash feature for $30 over the Küryakyn is sweet...! :small3d036:

Is it this one the dealer is selling for $139 on their website?

Genuine Motor Accessories | Harley-Davidson USA

No that is the Harley light and it doesn't have the flash mode. The one I got is made by "Brightasslights" from Florida.

Installed one myself this week. have you gone through all the patterns yet? Most of them will get me a ticket here but they sure are bright.

I think the flash to steady mode is legal here, I'll look into it to make sure. My son has one that will flash 3 tiimes and go steady and he passed inspection here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know others have mentioned the Kuryaken LED Light. However, Kuryaken also makes the Panace LED version which I purchased last year. This taillight costs around 178.00, is very bright and features auto flash as well. For the cost, I think this is one of the best options.

I first bought the superbright led bulb replacement for around $25, I think the old stock was brighter, I just put on the Brightass led tail light, what a difference, I noticed this weekend that cars behind me we not stopping as close as they use to, the Brightass seems to get the drivers attention, I want something really bright since I live in SE Florida (the old people here don't see much) I ride A1A a lot, I noticed many bicycles that have the flasshing red lights, wonder why it would be different for us.

I first bought the superbright led bulb replacement for around $25, I think the old stock was brighter, I just put on the Brightass led tail light, what a difference, I noticed this weekend that cars behind me we not stopping as close as they use to, the Brightass seems to get the drivers attention, I want something really bright since I live in SE Florida (the old people here don't see much) I ride A1A a lot, I noticed many bicycles that have the flasshing red lights, wonder why it would be different for us.

What setting are you using? I have on the #2 alert, it flashes 3 times twice and then goes on steady.

I had the Panacea LED Turn Signals & Tail Light System installed on my 2008 Road King before I picked it up. They flash then go steady when the brake is applied.

When I'm stopped at a light and see a car approaching, I will release the brake and reapply it to make the lights flash again. I continue doing that until the car stops behind me. I just feel safer having the flashing light on the rear.

I do just like Troy does. I have a flashing rear lights and keep working front brake lever as I am stopped to let everyone know I am stopped. It seems to keep cars back so far.

Back