free website stats program Tail Light | Harley Davidson Forums

Tail Light

rklew

I just put a "Brightasslight" LED taillight on my ride (sorry mod's that's the name of company). Man it's a great thing, if a driver behind you can't see it they are blind. There is over 21 different patterns you can set on the light. I set it to flash 3 times twice (flash is very fast) and then go steady. Very easy to install, remore 2 screws, unplug light, plug in new light and put the 2 screws back in. You set the light patterns with a magnet (they give you) tapping on the light in one area and holding the brake on. BTW, this is the same light they use for the Police Bikes.

sounds intriguing. i have whats called back off, a box in line w/ break lite flashes 3 times then 1 long flash -repeats as long as brake engaged .

Installed one myself this week. have you gone through all the patterns yet? Most of them will get me a ticket here but they sure are bright.

I researched BAL products w/other LED options for my SG - ended up going w/HD's LED b/c I didn't see a need to create a "disco effect" to get attn. Don't get me wrong - BAL's are a great product - just a tad $spendy for my need(s) & HD's did the trick. You'll be alot safer w/any LED on the rear...Cheers!

As Iceman said, a little spendy for patterned lLED stoplight for the $249 one, the 12 LED $499 one is a bit over the top. Kuryakin sells "plain but extremely bright one in red or smoke for $163 at the HD dealer, no waiting and features plug and play installation which I like.:D

But you gotta admit the video of the Bal-2 (12 LED) is indeed insane. That thing must be absolutely blinding in person.

I would be lying if I did not say I am tempted!:p

After a near rear ender at a stop light last year, I put one of these on. Didn't care about the price, those screeching tires behind me convinced me that I needed something to help those cellphone using, meal eating, sightseeing ....distracted drivers notice me. The woman said she just didn't see me until the last moment. So, now I have the aforementioned addition to my Softail Custom and feel better. Seeing a car approaching me while I'm stopped at a light I just touch the brake and know they "have to see that". So far, no more issues. Money well spent. Advice I received from an old biker once has stuck with me, Don't trust them until you see the whites of their eyes looking at you.

Robermv32, good post and indeed experienced exactly the same thing fortunately not on a Harley, but unfortunately my Yamaha Touring Rack was tweaked when the gal pushed me about 3 feet and I gently tipped bike over. Adrenalin flowing, immediately picked up the bike and the usual accident scene exchange. She did not see me signaling to make a right turn or stopped with brake light on. Have since developed habit of stutter toggling/tapping brakes prior to application, checking the rear vue more carefully and never had an issue in over 20 years. On the Harley I put on the Küryakyn one.

Back