free website stats program Tail light removal 2007 FXDB Street Bob | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tail light removal 2007 FXDB Street Bob

Sorry I am not very familiar with the Street Bob models. Have you got the standard HD rear lamp (square type) with the license plate mounted above it? Mine has the new small LED lamp. I can't describe it in my normal way due to board rules :newsmile100:

The HD turn signal relocation kit will tell you to pull the wires through the hole in the long chrome bar. Mine would not go through without taking the outer sheathing off. Another problem is that Harley does not provide the two chrome oval shaped covers to fill in the hole on the rear of the strut. They are about 7 dollars each. Ouch! Let me know how it turns or turned out.

Hey Dr. Robert, my part won't be in till middle of next week but will try to put it on soon if something doesn't come up in front of it. I am definitely putting a saddlebag bracket on as that is why I am moving the turn light. I don't have a problem cutting back the sheathing on the part that goes in the bar. Will probably put some electrical putty at the opening to keep bugs and water out. I think they call it Duct Seal. Kinda like a modeling clay. Just a small piece stuffed in any hole stays put real good.

Sounds good. Let me know if you need the chrome thingys. I am looking for quick release saddlebags cheap, but it is impossible. I have a solo seat only. My first option was to use a round bag I have on my Motherwells rack. Now, I want the Harley quick detach solo rack. Sorry for the ramble.

Sounds good. Let me know if you need the chrome thingys. I am looking for quick release saddlebags cheap, but it is impossible. I have a solo seat only. My first option was to use a round bag I have on my Motherwells rack. Now, I want the Harley quick detach solo rack. Sorry for the ramble.

Hi Dr. Rob, what chrome thingys do you mean?

And by the way the cheapest lockable quick release I have found are the saddlemen desperado bags, although some sites sell them without the quick release kit which separate is $60 to $90. Don't know how stiff they really are though as far as getting past the pvc lockable top. They do bolt directly to the Fender brace though and look good.

Back