free website stats program Tail light removal 2007 FXDB Street Bob | Harley Davidson Forums

Tail light removal 2007 FXDB Street Bob

R_W_B

I bought a drag specialties saddlebag support brace kit. In the add picture it showed it attaching to the rear shock top bolt and the rear fender bracket bolt. But now that I have it I find out that only works for sportsters. It says for my model the forward bolt goes in the first fender bracket bolt (not to the shock) and for the rear mount bolt I have to disconnect the tail light and mount a hollow bolt there to accommodate. But there are no pictures. I am wondering how all this is going to look ? I can't see how I will be able to install this bracket with my tail light assembly. I hate to just send it back to Dennis Kirk without trying to find out what the deal is. It "says" it will fit an 07 street bob? Anyone deal with this before ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ugh my apologies, I meant to say turn signal light bracket ! Please insert turn signal everywhere you see tail light.
I cannot see how I can get this to work unless I cut out the bottom of the signal bracket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh my apologies, I meant to say turn signal light bracket ! Please insert turn signal everywhere you see tail light.
I cannot see how I can get this to work unless I cut out the bottom of the signal bracket.

Typically, you will need a turn signal relocation kit for Dynas:s

having fitted bag rails to 4 harleys now i have found that the best way to do it is to use the Harley kit as it comes with all the bits you need and a set of instruction
As i like to fit big bags i have always relocated the indicators with at times the appropriate kit again the Harley kit has all you will need
Although on my sportster i did it all by buying the bits and pieces that i needed to do everything and it ended up costing more than the kit would have cost as i seemed to overlooked something and had to buy longer bolts hollow bolts replacement shock top covers to allow for the rails etc

Brian

Well at this point I need to see what the turn signal relocation looks like. But I really don't think I want to get in to all that right now. Also after pulling the throw over bags off (that came with the used bike) and seeing that they have rubbed the paint on my swing arms down to bare metal (which had started to rust) and mucked up the chrome on the shocks and fender bracket, I'm thinking I want to just scrap these throw overs and buy a fender bracket mounted set of bags. The harley dealer told me my model dyna does not work with throw overs and I can see why now. I plan to send the throwover support brackets back to DK. What bags and/or setups are you guys using (or recommend) on your Dynas. Mine is an 07 Street bob ? Appreciate all info.

Thanks Jack I got your part number. From my research it appears I if I want much selection of saddlebags I am going to have to do the turn signal relocation.

Thanks Jack I got your part number. From my research it appears I if I want much selection of saddlebags I am going to have to do the turn signal relocation.

Good Luck in your search:s

Thanks to all replies, I have decided to buy the HD rear turn signal relocator kit for 79 bucks. I will need this no matter what bags I get (except a few) and this will allow me to utilize the parts I have and current throwover bags until I can afford better standard mount bags with locks.

Thanks for the input Admiral but that one is if you also have the tag on the side, my tag is already on the back fender. The part number I need is Harley part number P/N 68732-02A
(this part no. is the domestic version, $79.95 ) It will move my turn signals back to the existing tag and tail light bracket and it puts them on chrome bar running thru said bracket. I'm not a big fan of throw overs mount (love the way some of them look though) but don't have the money now for the bags I want. Will need this kit regardless. Later.......

Back