free website stats program tail light relocation question | Harley Davidson Forums

tail light relocation question

dawg16

I've tried to search it, couldn't find what I was looking for. I've got a '09 fxdl. I was wanting to add a set of quick release bags. How difficult is it for the average person to put on the tail light relocation kit? Wiring looks like it may need to be longer, and I'm wondering where that wire is run? It almost looks like it needs to go under the fender, but that doesn't seem kosher. Do good directions come with these when you order the kit. Just wanting to get any up front info. I can before I decide to do it on my own..Thanks for any help you can give me.

...How difficult is it for the average person to put on the tail light relocation kit? Wiring looks like it may need to be longer, and I'm wondering where that wire is run?...QUOTE]

Hey Dawg:

When you say "tail light" relocation do you mean "turn-signal light" relocation?

If so, there's a video on Youtube that shows how to do it.

Search "Easybrackets turn signal relocation kit"

Whether you use this kit or a different one, it will at least give you an idea of how easy it is to install. I installed this kit on my street bob and have been very happy with it. It uses the stock turn-signal mounts (don't know what they're called - the wing shaped spacers that mount the turn signals to the fender rails) and incorporates the license plate mount for a clean look. The unit is well designed and made. Depending on how picky you are (I added shrink wrap to the wires where they go through the fender) plan on an hour or two to install. Also be very careful not to scratch the paint on the fender (use making tape to protect the area) when you are test-fitting/mounting the hardware.

Hope this helps,
QehQeh

It's really easy. I say that cause I did it and if anything can get put on wrong, I would normally do it the wrong way. But with the HD kit on my FXDL it was fairly simple.

Back